Democracy in Scotland and the UK 2020 Update: for National 5/Higher Modern Studies and Politics
Paul Fairclough, Euan M. Duncan
Stay up to speed with the very latest news, issues and debates in Scotland and the UK. Using the up-to-date examples in this book will help students hit the highest grades in National 5/Higher Modern Studies and Higher Politics.
- Review the key developments in Scottish and UK politics from the last year, with expert analysis that students can use for revision, the assignments and the question papers
- Consolidate understanding and practise for the exams with short knowledge-check questions at the end of every article
- Easily see how each article links to the National 5/Higher Modern Studies and Higher Politics specifications so you know how and when to reference them
- Citizens' Assemblies - Are they a good way to clear political logjams?
- The Scottish Parliament - Is it a failing institution?
- Extinction Rebellion - Do single-issue pressure groups undermine democracy?
- Scottish electoral systems - Are they fit for purpose?
- BREXIT - Is it 'the UK's constitutional time-bomb'?
- Education policy in Scotland - Addressing the attainment gap or widening it?
- Independence for Scotland - Is it getting closer and what would it look like?
- The 2019 General Election - Why did it happen and what did it tell us?